New Windows OS Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Monster Techie
The next major desktop Windows release, code-named Longhorn, is due in 2005 and will include Microsoft's Trustworthy Computing (Palladium) architectural changes, as well as a new 3D video-driven user interface and a SQL Server-based file system called Windows Future Storage (WinFS). The next Windows Server release, code-named Blackcomb, will likely ship a few years after Longhorn.
http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/longhorn.asp

I used it a couple of weeks back, the alpha build, and was pretty horrible, Hope it gets a little more stable.

The Side bar is something thats new, and kinda weird.

Looks like its trying to use multiple desktops (hmmm... just like linux)

"If u cant buy it, steal it" MS.

Always had doubts about their Palladium 'technology' - as far as I've heard, Longhorn will be packin' more spyware than before =\

I will continue to stick to using XP / 2000 Pro for now.

GeForce said:
Always had doubts about their Palladium 'technology' - as far as I've heard, Longhorn will be packin' more spyware than before =\

I will continue to stick to using XP / 2000 Pro for now.

I find all the MS bashin so hilarious. Everyone says this for a while because its what everyone else has told them, but then they start using the OS, and when the next one comes out its: "Im just gonna stick to -insert last new OS here-"

I dont judge until I've used a final release of a new OS. Its foolish.

Talkin about litestep, it screwd my computer over. All my icons were changed to some ugly looking pixalated icons (the main ones) and to a extent I couldnt run it as normal windows. I formatted and reinstalled xp just because of litestep. (its cool but lots of problems when recovering from it)

RE: litestep.

yeah its trickey but needing to reformat after using it?
>what are you a fucking idiot? what the hell happened? did you load some exotic foreign Module that Indiana Jones found on his 'latest and then it cooked it on your system? how many boot disks does it take before you realise that Dos dos'nt die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom