New Website Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cessnasoarer172

Solid State Member
So I have just started my new website, and I'm kind of a n00b at php and html, so I'm a bit confused. So far I've built it by copying the titlebar code into all my subpages, but this is very annoying because if I add a link to the header bar, I would have to change it in all my subpages. I need a way to keep website content away from the design, if I ever decide to change the layout.

I know you can use CSS with this, but I just don't know how. I'm going to have a LOT of subpages, and I need to have a way to keep the stuff I write both in the sidebars and main area away from the design and the header bar, so I can change them individually. I also need to be able to have selected elements for each page (i.e. if i'm on the news part of the site, I need to have that part highlighted in the header bar)

having a program that edits all the files at once and adds a line of characters would be an excellent idea too. Could anyone help? thank you!

it has, but like for example, i had to change my comment page from .html to .php, so now i have to change that link in ALLLLLL of my subpages. There has to be a better way. that will be extremely painstaking to do everytime.

Hey if you still need this i can do it for you for free just email me all your stuff i can do it for as as i have a copy of dreamweaver pm me or uplpoad the files and ill do it for you.

thanks, i have dreamweaver though, i just haven't started using it until recently. I have found a lot of solutions to my problems, but I just have one problem. For the header bar links on my page i use the id=selected tag or w/e to indicate a color change when a person is on that part of the site. How can i integrate this into a dreamweaver template so that i can have the header bar uniform for all my subpages, but active to each specific page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom