New, used car

I agreee, DSM. I'm not a huge fan of Spec V's, they are pretty quick but the road manners are terrible. The DSM motor is bulletproof though.

Actually the dsm motor is pretty stout but the 7 bolt's have been known to crankwalk. I run a 6 bolt in my 92 gst, 7 bolts came in the motors half way throught the 92 year and were put in up to 99. It was something assumed to be associated with the oil squirters in the 95-99 block, i.e. why you don't see 92.5.94 blocks getting it. Most likely if the dsm you get (if you do decide to get one) will not get crank walk if its past 100,000. General consumption between dsmer's is if it hasn't happened by then, then it probably wont.

I think you mean 6 bolt lol.

But if you get the 6 bolt 4g63, they are pretty damn tough motors, and will take boost happily with the stock bottom end. Didn't the 90-92's get the 6 bolt?

cabbspapp said:

But if you get the 6 bolt 4g63, they are pretty damn tough motors, and will take boost happily with the stock bottom end. Didn't the 90-92's get the 6 bolt?
Yessir, I am actually supposed to be heading to alabama this weekend for a dyno tune, hopefully around 350 whp thats with stock headgasket (well it blew once before but I used an autozone felpro but still a stock composite), stock block, stock, head the only thing done is fuel fuel mods, wideband, logger, fuel controller, and an e316g turbo @25psi and a xtd clutch. Nothing to special but its amazing what you can put these blocks through, once my hg blows I already have a new head and mls gasket sitting in the corner just waiting for it to go on though along with a new tranny with an sbr lsd. :p

cabbspapp said:

Yes they cut it off mid 92 year, 92.5 got them mine was a later model so it got a 7 bolt.

Already bought one.

Just like my brothers, a Honda civic SI

Here is what im picking up on Saturday.

03031435.jpg

oh lol! Didnt read the whole thread. Nice how much was it? Man. tranny of course

No I just got the news tonight, thats the first Ive posted it lol.

Well its a 14,000 dollar car that we got for a nice deal through someone we know.

Back
Top Bottom