New Toy

Nice, do you build them yourself, I keep meaning to build up a quad, I used to fly Micro 6Ch CP helicopters but I think I will go back to Fixed Pitch maby as 6ch was a real handfull!

I need a job though first PMSL, and then there is the gameing PC to build, a car to get, a new MTB and Road bike....yup the list goes on...ahahah!!!

I'm telling you, if you want to shorten that list right up, get a wife. :rofl::rofl:

I built the red and white ones. The white one on the left is a Phantom. It's a ARF. Almost ready to fly. You put the props and landing gear on, charge up the battery and go fly.
It's a deep pockets sort of hobby unless you have good budget skills. There's a lot of married guys at one of the RC forums I hang at. They spend thousands on their hobby over the course of a year. They work overtime if they need to. They might sell off some of their fleet to get what they want with out impacting the household budget. But the house, the missus, and the kids come first.

I had a wife one time. She tried to pull that stunt of telling me what I could and couldn't do. Now she's an EX. If you don't stand up to them and tell them you need some "me" time, they'll run all over you.

I had a wife one time. She tried to pull that stunt of telling me what I could and couldn't do. Now she's an EX. If you don't stand up to them and tell them you need some "me" time, they'll run all over you.

:rolleyes: I'm quite happily married with 2 kids. No worries bud.

Ah women and their ways of trying to control their husbands lives.

I built the red and white ones. The white one on the left is a Phantom. It's a ARF. Almost ready to fly. You put the props and landing gear on, charge up the battery and go fly.
It's a deep pockets sort of hobby unless you have good budget skills. There's a lot of married guys at one of the RC forums I hang at. They spend thousands on their hobby over the course of a year. They work overtime if they need to. They might sell off some of their fleet to get what they want with out impacting the household budget. But the house, the missus, and the kids come first.

YUP, if you earn the money its yours do spend how you want, yes if your married you both need to make compramises for each other but at the end of the day you should be liveing your life how you want and not dictated to....just ask the J...erm maby not I wont go there dont want to offend anyone PMSl....

But yhea I agree with you, I did recognize the DJI, looks good but £££ Iv been looking at doing a build useing parts from hobbyking and the like a cheap build that will then be upgraded over time.

Do you do any aerial video, Im guessing you do as that the only reason for a Hex Copter normaly...for heavy lifting...Do I dare ask how much they set you back?

AHAHAHAHA at the wide comment made a few posts up, yhea luckly IM 19....WAY TO GO YET...that and I need a job and to get into some kind or decent shape....round is not a shape IMO ahahaha!

The DJI Flame Wheel 550 hex kit runs $399.00usd from HeliPal.com. The rest of the goodies like the gimbal for example jacked it up to around $600.00usd.
The F450 kit is $309.00 from same place. You need a transmitter and receiver pair, a LiPo battery and charger, a soldering iron, and about 2 to 3 hours of your time.

As for videos, check here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-Nu2tL45PmU9U0LwgCNww There's other stuff mixed in like a place I used to run years ago.

It came!!!! I had a blast with it outside yesterday. It was a bit to windy but I figured out the controls pretty quick. Plus I had to keep chasing it down after every crash so I'm going to lose weight. Can't wait to fly it some more.

Attachments

• 1399563293215.jpg
    1399563293215.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 4
So i flew it once. It was a little to windy, but I was able to get the hang of it pretty good. Then 2 days later is was calm and clear, and I went out, but the tail motor had stopped working somehow. All the heli wanted to do was spin in a 360° circle. I called Amazon and within 10 minutes I had a refund. Then on top of that they said I could keep the defective heli for parts or whatever. I checked and a new tail motor is only a couple bucks....

Blow out on the tail motor is not too common but it happens. If you get a replacement should take you about 20 mins or so to swap it out. Before you take it out look to see if it has a bead of some sort of glue. If it does then you'll have to get something like shoe goo or hot glue to hold it in place Keeps it from spinning around in the mount.

Sorry about the wife quip.

Blow out on the tail motor is not too common but it happens. If you get a replacement should take you about 20 mins or so to swap it out. Before you take it out look to see if it has a bead of some sort of glue. If it does then you'll have to get something like shoe goo or hot glue to hold it in place Keeps it from spinning around in the mount.

Sorry about the wife quip.

Good point. I've got a friend who's going to help with the swap. We are going to splice/solder the wires in the middle instead of on the control board. I'm just happy that all the parts are replaceable, cheap, and readily available.

No worries about the quip. I understand.

Back
Top Bottom