new technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brinson look for details of how the 7/7 bombers where caught some if not all where proved to be the bombers by facial ID software.

can you shed anymore light on this as i find it hard to believe you could be tracked down from being in the background of a stag party photo or something?

Naw it wouldnt be that hard.... If the Gov already has a pic of you (driver's licence/passport) and they really wanted to know if it is you in the background of that pic they could just cross reference it with there databanks, and up comes your info...

It deffently wouldn't be that hard to track someone, Espically if you have the software to do it, I'm sure facebook and myspace are/could be gold mine's for that stuff.. (linking names to faces)

I think Google either already has something like this, or is working on it.

Corporations are currently using social utilities like facebook to dig up disreputable information on prospective employees. THe pictures that one posts are a deciding factor in you employment. So what you are describing is potentially a spin off... unless...You are a MURDERER!!!

You have a serious misconception on this pic ID technology. They can NOT take any picture they find and scan it, you must already be in the data base and have an id work up on you. As far as "big brother" trying to get it's citizens in to a big pic id dbase, nah. Number one, the time involved would be enormous. Don't believe me? ****, they're still working on transfering a lot of paper work and offense material for security and police departments into a single database, so nope. Wont happen anytime soon. Now, if you are a known and in the dbase (as a most wanted terrorist or felon) then yeah, they can use it. Anyhow, don't let it worry you that you are in this big huge database along everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom