new technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do USB thumbdrives have to do with the main topic of this thread? USB only runs at like 250MB/s, while RAM runs at something like 1.5GB/s (I may be way off, but it's somewhere around that!)

How is that not "on-topic?" And besides, this is the off topic section.

I don't see how talking about 64gb flash drives is not talking about new technology.

64GB flash drives?! Holy ****! HOW?

Man, if you spend $2800 for a 64GB flash drive instead of buying an external HDD (with more storage anyway) you must be retarded or have a lot of money.

I wanted to know if it is worth buying an evga geforce 7900gt or if better technology is coming out with a new graphics card slot.

No new videocard slots, that would be the worst possible move right now. Theres WAY too many people with PCI-E and even AGP right now, introducing a new one would be suicide for them.

As for new generations of videocards, theres the GeForce 8s in late November, by the latest estimates. And ATIs R600 has been delayed into 2007.

If youre buying right now, dont get the 7900GT, go for the 7950GT. Amazing card, with single-slot cooling! More or less the same price too, at $300. And it overclocks to 7900GTX performance so easy, its not even funny.

do you have a clue what the price of the geforce 8000 will be?

I have 1 7600gt and 1 6800 xtreme.

I want to upgrade to 2 7600gt,s and 1 8000 if its cheap enough.

Norcent said:
So whats new with computers?

I heard that ram will either be put on the hard drive or on the cpu in the future so we won't have to buy ram anymore.

That is awesome cause then people will probably have more money in there pockets and a better computer.

Nope, nothing about a 7900GT here.

Anyway, have new videocards ever been more than $650? No. G80 and R600 will not cost more than $650. And that's thats the uber leet top end cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom