New System!

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
I am currently planning to finalize the list of parts for my new system that I will be building over the weekend / next week. - I am a Geek Squad Double Agent, so I get the Best Buy discount which will be used for the hard drive, monitor, ect.

I'm basically looking for recommendations for the motherboard, CPU, and the GPU. - The system will be used for basic gaming.. but I wish to have it perform very well in the games that I do play.

I play World of Warcraft (with addons), Counter Strike: Source, and will probably play other games as well in the future.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=12508948 - This is my current wishlist that I've built.

By the way.. while money isn't a huge deal to me.. I didn't want to put together a unit that I won't fully utilize like I did years ago. ;-p I'll be buying a 24 inch monitor in Best Buy, with a surround sound system.

Thanks a bunch!

imager1

Baseband Member
that link is asking for your login to see it. Might be better to paste the parts here. With those games you can easily get away with just a GPU of 9800! Now if your talking crysis and the likes...then you should look at a 4850 or so.

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Nice build.

I would change only one thing. The power supply. The Rosewill units aren't of the highest quality. You can get a much better PSU with more power for less. I would suggest this one: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W
Nice advice.. ;-p I've added that to my wish list.

EDIT: I'm thinking about choosing a different case because I may add a second video card at some point.. and I'm very big on having an abundance of my space in my case. Any suggestions?

imager1

Baseband Member
Nice advice.. ;-p I've added that to my wish list.

EDIT: I'm thinking about choosing a different case because I may add a second video card at some point.. and I'm very big on having an abundance of my space in my case. Any suggestions?
I really like the Thermaltake ElementS. Good reviews. The Antec 900 that you picked is a nice big case though with good reviews, you should have no problem putting in a 2nd gpu card there. I know others that have. I just am partial to the ElementS