I asked a while ago about the new iMac vs. Mac Pro and member 'J' was pretty helpful when making a decision. My existing MBP wasn't cutting it for video editing so I've anxiously been awaiting the new year to pickup a new model.

Sharing some pics since more members are going Mac :D

PS - This is just a temp setup, I've gotta move my other hardware around and don't think I'll keep the one display.

Can't wait to get Final Cut Pro installed to see how fast the baby really is!

iMac.jpg

Setup.jpg

MemoryTook.png

really really nice that is, love the setup but wht the hell is that keybored lol.. man I'd get so angry with that little thing, woof woof, I'd probably bark at the keybored for being so likkle ewwww

Your iMac is faster than my Mac Pro. Good choice.

Thanks, I decided to go with the i7 since it offers hyperthreading where the i5's don't support it. Did you go quad on your Mac Pro or 8 core? If you've got 8 cores I'm still sure you'd own me :)

Curious if you happen to have Parallels or VMWare installed on yours? My coworkers are all about VMWare, but I've used Parallels before and all the reviews for version 7 seem to be better than VMWare. Any thoughts?

Main intent there is to quad boot between Lion, XP, Vista and 7 for development purposes. Thankfully with 16Gigs of memory that should now be achievable, my MBP struggled to run Lion and Windows 7 at the same time lol.

Nice setup. Bit too clean though. Hope you didn't dust on our behalf :D

:lol::lol: Thanks, I may have wiped the surface a little bit only because I cleared everything off the table when I was hooking things up. I'll take a new picture as I've got things cleaned up a bit more (still a cable mess underneath though).

Tsk tsk. What kind of beer is that?

Good old Yuengling Lager!

really really nice that is, love the setup but wht the hell is that keybored lol.. man I'd get so angry with that little thing, woof woof, I'd probably bark at the keybored for being so likkle ewwww

The only thing I miss on the keyboard is having a dedicated number pad. Other than that I love the design on the Apple keyboards!

I've only used VMWare for Windows 7. Works fine and allows me to access my Boot Camp partition within Mac OS 10.

Back
Top Bottom