new screen buying 21.5 inch

fractalr3

In Runtime
Acer S220HQL 21.5 Inch Widescreen LED Monitor vs
Samsung S22A300B 21.5inch LED DVI D-Sub 5ms
i know samsung is a good brand, both cost around 145$ aud. which one is better for eyefinity.

That's a tough call, both are good monitor brands. Just pick one and go for it, they're virtually identical, and reviews online pretty much say the same thing.

Go with samsung. Acer's been known for sub-quality screens. They might make nice ones, but compared to other brands they're much lower quality. If you go eyefinity make sure to grab 3 identical screens. Being led they'll use less power and more than likely look much better than lcds. Oh, and on a side note when eyefinity first came out some people had to use a display port on the main monitor to get it to work, couldn't get 3 dvi's. I don't know if this is still true but keep that in mind, might still be the case.

I've been very happy with Acer monitors! We have 24" a 23" and a 22" monitors in the house and are very impressed with the good performance and crisp bright display they provide.

That being said, I've got to agree with og, both the Samsung and Acer monitors are good.

I also love my Acer monitors. I currently have 2 of them and they beat out the more expensive LG that is also a 21.5"

Between work and home I have the following monitors (then I'll rank them by order of which I like most): 1 Dell 19", 1 LG 19" wide 2 Asus 21.5" (one is LED), 2 Acer 21.5". Of those, starting at my least favorite is the Dell, then the LGs, then the Acers and both Asus screens top it off. My point? The acers are beating the more expensive, and usually higher quality, LG screens and are a very good monitor.

There's a difference between opinion and facts, and the fact of the matter is that those two monitors are nearly identical in specs. FWIW, I've got Samsungs at work (some beautiful 22" LED backlit ones) and at home I run Acer. The quality perception is nearly identical, and that's my opinion. Statements like "no, samsung wins" is an opinion as well.

Back
Top Bottom