New Scion? Or used Jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll check it out, it is in my area. He doesn't put the transmission or the mileage on there, but I'll ask. Thanks.

So are most Hondas. ;)

Hey i resemble that remark....oh wait that isnt a good thing...

Anyways i can say this from several years of experience. I would go for the new car. The reason is simple really. You dont know jack about the previous owner. You dont know if they took care of the car or the engine. You can ask them, but trying to sell the car they are just going to say what you want to hear. Ask to see the receipts for all the oil changes being done on time. Ask to see that the yearly maintenance was done and so on. Cause without that information for all you know this vehicles engine could be on its last leg. It could have been replaced with an older one or what ever. They could have beaten the crap outta the car. I have had way to many experiences where i thought i was getting a great deal only to find out that through all of the maintenance bills i could have ended up buying a brand new car in the end. Used cars have a way to nickel and dime you to death. That is if you dont get the proper information and ask to make sure that things were done on time with the car.

At least with a new car you have the warranty. So if something does go wrong, you have the ability to just take it back and get it fixed, possibly at no or little charge depending on what is wrong. Since most warranties can go for 3-5 years now and up to 100,000 miles that is at least a little bit of pressure off of you when it comes to such things.

Now i know that cars now a days are not known to be prone to issues and so on. I also know that even with a new car you run the risk of getting a lemon. As it happened to my sister with a brand new Impala. Owned that thing for 5 years and they still couldnt figure out why her transmission was messed up even after replacing it twice. I just tend to lean on the side of caution now after so many years of owning used cars that have cost me more than a new vehicle after all the repairs were done.

Yeah you pay more for insurance, yeah you dont get a full coverage warranty and so on with new cars. But at least you have a few more options. I also do know that buying from a dealer with a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle can also come with an extended warranty and so on. I just want to express that while buying a used car is not always a bad idea, it is at least a good idea to get as much information as you can up front. Even simple things like oil changes being done on time have a major impact on the lifetime of a vehicle. I have all my receipts for the work done on not only my 2 new cars, but the 3 previous cars i owned as well. I dont know why i am hording my previous owned cars. I will get rid of that paper work soon. But i keep the info on my new cars so that way if something does come up and i have to show the company proof that i am doing things like i should be that there wont be any hassles.

When you start modding cars is when it becomes expensive.. My 89 Cherokee I bought for 2k and it ran fine.. Decided to throw a new motor in it and that is when everything went down hill lol.. When it runs, it runs outstanding phenominal.. BUT the downside is that it has mass electrical problems. Either way, when you take any car for a test drive, take it to your trusted mechanic to look over it.

Don't really care about modding too much...might have gotten a few things for the jeep, but it's not my main goal or anything, lol.

Yeah, understandable. But Jeeps will be reliable UNTIL you start changing stuff lol or get water in the engine.

My statement still stands, take it to a mechanic or bring one with you as dealerships will lie there arse off to sell you a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom