New Samsung tv

Roberson

Beta member
I recently bought a 6 series Samsung uhd tv. Wasn't satisfied with the picture quality overall. Also noticed that when watching uverse HD channels, any channels that had text such as news channels or commercials with writing, the letters would pulsate or judder if that makes sense. I ended up taking the tv back and got a Samsung 8 series. While the picture is better I still notice the judder issue with text on the screen. I've changed every setting I can think of. Auto motion, digital clean view etc.. Is this a tv issue or just crappy uverse signal coming in? Blu Rays look great.....

It probably has something to do with the scaling or you might have game mode on. Are you a Uverse customer using their DSL/fiber line for TV, or do you have DirecTV through Uverse for TV? When I got my TV last year I had an overscan problem with 720p content and that also might be an issue you're having.

Another thing, are you using HDMI from the box, composite, or component?

Using DSL line. Not direct tv. Game mode is not on. Tried switching hdmi cables as well. I wish I could check direct tv signal to compare as I've heard uverse dsl is garbage. It's not all of the time either. Watching olympics right now and the nbc logo and where it says live is fine. Other channels look like I'm on acid.

DirecTV outputs a 1080i signal unless you're watching On Demand which ironically uses the internet (which ATT is trying to rid themselves of pairing with DTV). The box might be an old one. What I would do (if you have the money of course) is go to Walmart and buy their 50" 120hz 4k Vizio for 498 and see if that is having the same issue. Samsung TVs have a lot of settings to adjust for 720p and lower quality signals and to get a no processed signal I needed to change my PC input to PC-DVI.

Back
Top Bottom