New RPG's. Too Long?????

slaychandim

Evil Made Flesh
So after playing Dragon Age: inquisition and Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I think these games are almost starting to have to much stuff that goes away from the main story. Skyrim was also like that for me. I was wondering is it just me or are WRPGs just getting to be far to much stuff in them. I have not even finished Witcher yet i kinda got burnt out. That is not to say I haven't enjoyed all these games though the time I put into them has been totally enjoyable

So after playing Dragon Age: inquisition and Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I think these games are almost starting to have to much stuff that goes away from the main story. Skyrim was also like that for me. I was wondering is it just me or are WRPGs just getting to be far to much stuff in them. I have not even finished Witcher yet i kinda got burnt out. That is not to say I haven't enjoyed all these games though the time I put into them has been totally enjoyable

Funny you say that because I have been putting off the new Dragon Age because I know it is going to be crazy long. When I am actually playing games like that I love them, but the idea of them taking so long is a little daunting.

I think the problem with them being so long is if you set one down for a bit and try to come back its nearly imposible to remember what it is you were doing

I don't think it's anything new. A lot of the older final fantasy and Dragon quest games could push 80-100 hours. Just skip some of the side stuff or put it down for awhile.

wen it comes to rpgs the longer the better. most you can skip most of the side stuff and go straight for story. in the witcher 3 u can just do story and its about 25hrs

Agreed - although a lot of really old school RPG's like FF were very long as well. I think the newer games generally don't have a super long core story line, they just a lot of side quests that if you follow all of them and explore the game can take a really long time. If you just stick to the main story line the game play drastically reduces.

I agree with others, while having these really long story lines can be entertaining, it makes stepping away from the game almost impossible because you have no clue where to pick up.

I think that's maybe what it is just so many side quests I guess I would rather have a longer main story than a bazillion side quests

yeah i see what you mean. some games just have repetitive side quest like dragon age 3. the wither 3 has some very well made side quest tho.

I think the problem here is we are older and so we don't have all that extra time to sit around playing RPGs. It's easier to pick up a match or two of an FPS than to play a 70 hour long game.

Haha PP you are so right! I buy these awesome games then play them for like two hours a week tops! Dang life keeps getting in the way... :)

Back
Top Bottom