New rig power-up issue

Everendless

In Runtime
I recently got the rest of the parts I need for my new rig.

I put everything together, without a hitch. I plugged the PSU in, and turned it on. A green LED and an orange LED flashed, and that was it. I tried multiple times again with the same outcome. I took everything apart, and reassembled. Nothing.

Rig is as follows:

Intel i7 950
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Western Digital Caviar black 1tb 7200 rpm HDD
2x OCZ Vertex Series 30GB in RAID 0 OS drive
Asus dvd drive
Rocketfish 5.1 sound card
Sapphire ATI HD 5870
COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP CPU Cooler

Any help is appreciated

Did you bench test it?
Sounds like a bad PSU if you don't get any power at all.

Try jumping the power supply with a paper clip and seeing if it kicks the fan on.

The green wire (only one on the connector) and any black. Unplug first, then connect, then plug it in and flip the PSU switch and see if it turns on. If it does, it still doesn't tell you anything because it has no "load". If you try this and everything seems fine, take everything out of the case and see if you can get it running with as minimal components as possible.

But first and foremost, did you remember the motherboard risers? If you didn't install them, it's most likely shorting on the case.

I tested the power supply, the fan started. I plugged in a few fans, then tested it. It worked. I plugged in the 2 ssd and the hdd, they booted up. I plugged everything in, but all I got was the green and orange LED flash again, and the CLR CMOS light on. Nothing else happens.
This is really starting to annoy me. I've waited so long to finish this damn computer, and now it wont do anything.

Im thinking either the motherboard is dead, or the power supply cant handle the load.

Yes I would think so too, the motherboard must be in a way faulty. I take it you have BOTH 24/20pin power connector and 4pin power connectors plugged into the motherboard.

Providing that you do which im sure that you do, then yea the motherboard is deadish

Back
Top Bottom