New Radeon X800 gto is APALLING.

Phumfeinz

Baseband Member
It's a GeCube Radeon X800 GTO:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=97827

I got this this morning, and I expected a big improvement over my Sapphire Radeon 9550.

How wrong I was.

I bought this to mainly play World of Warcraft. My 9550 coped with it ok, but the framerate wasn\'t good at all. I fired it up, expecting a big raise in the FPS. Nope. I\'m getting about 10fps more. Hardly worth £112 now is it?

BUT, it\'s actually WORSE than my 9550! When I\'m PvPing (fighting against other people), it just cannot cope. The FPS literally drops below 3! THREE! This of course makes it unplayable.

Also, browser windows are flicky and slow when enlarging/minimising.

I am sincerely hoping the problem is at my end. Maybe I need to do something with the BIOS? And, the power cable from the GFX card - does it need to go to a specific place? I plugged it into the same power cable as my CD and floppy drive.

Well, if anyone can hope, it would be greatly appreciated.

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8ghz
2.25gb DDR 3200 RAM
Asus K8V-X mobo
400w PSU
80gb SATA HDD

i think that cpu is bottlenecking the card, upgrade that cpu to an athlon 3200+ and u'll see a big increase in fps

Oh but do come on, THREE FRAMES PER SECOND?! My friend could run World of Warcraft fine on a Pentium 3 800 MHz with some kind of bad video card (obviously). There's something wrong with your card, I'm almost sure of it. I would see if you can get a replacement.

ya i say first update drivers and make sure everything is in running order, and check to see if u have "EVERYTHING" turned on, on WOW because anti aliasing and stuff takes huge fps's off.....Then if all is wrong send it back as faulty or try to get a refund....but from what ive heard that card should honnestly pwn almost any game.....

The X800GTO is a badarse card. So clearly something is wrong, and I guarntee you it's the drivers being out of date!

drivers7gy.png

Those are the drivers I have.

I don't know anything about ATi but try getting newer drivers like everyone else said. If you have another game, try playing that with these same drivers and see if it is this bad.

Back
Top Bottom