new processor and stuff but comp doesnt work still

knt4061

Solid State Member
So... i broke my old processor and bought a new one. here is the link for it http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16819103194
i also got a new video card before my old processor broke if that has anything to do with it. here's the link to it
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16814127304
here are some specifications on my processor and motherboard:
manufacturer- ASUS
Motherboard name- A8M2N-LA
HP/Compaq motherboard name (idk why there are 2 motherboard names.. this is just what HP told me)- NodusM-GL8E
2000 MT/s
socket am2.

My power supply is only 300 watts. could that be the problem? please. i need some help.

by the way.. the motherboard just beeps and never shows anything on the display. I'm assuming that means there is something wrong w/ hardware.

What does the beep code signify, check your manual. What is the code?? 1 long two short, two long 1 short?? continuous beep??

What bios does the board run?

At a guess I'd say your psu is woefully inadequate.

I don't have a manual. It's an hp motherboard, and they said that the continuous beep just meant a hardware malfunction. But, it's hard to trust the people on the phone.

continuous beep could be anything, I'd like to know how you "broke" your old cpu, care to let us know please.

Any chance that you have damaged the m/board at all?

I don't have a manual. It's an hp motherboard, and they said that the continuous beep just meant a hardware malfunction. But, it's hard to trust the people on the phone.

What kinda HP computer do you have? We can look up the mobo for the model you have then look up the beep codes for you. Beep codes are usually more specific then, 'a hardware malfunction.' It usually signifies a certain piece of hardware.

the model number is m7580n but i specified what type of motherboard i have, or atleast thats what the people at hp told me. the cpu's pins are pretty much damaged beyond repair. i was getting the heat sync out to clean it, but it came out different than any other cpu and in the process of getting it out i damaged the pins pretty bad. believe... i sure tried to fix it. but, the beep isn't very long and it continuously beeps.

i looked at the site, but there wasn't anything specific to my motherboard, plus there wasn't anything that talked about beeps w/ 5 second pauses in between.

Back
Top Bottom