New potential role - Sys Admin - DevOps & AWS??

1etherer

Fully Optimized
Hi People, following on from my previous thread about a job that was not for me.. I now have the possibility of joining my friends company (he is an IT manager) as a junior sys admin.

He is trying to get me through an interview before this job goes live to others! and he has said aslong as I am keen to learn (and have a general understanding) they dont really require me to have previous experience of the following as they want to teach me.

DevOps, AWS and Linux (I know linux already)

So I want to ask you guys, what will be the difficulty level of me learning DevOps and AWS? I dont understand what DevOps is (seems it some concept but people cant agree), but AWS is just amazon cloud servers (centralized) from what I've read.

My friend said he'll show me a about them before the interview to get a taste of what to expect.

Also does anyone have any good guides or free training software/ websites I can go to.

Cheers
:cool:

DevOps is used in places where developers use Agile practices, and is basically a communication bridge between the developers, QA, and other IT departments for automation/integration/deployment and such.

DevOps is used in places where developers use Agile practices, and is basically a communication bridge between the developers, QA, and other IT departments for automation/integration/deployment and such.

Ah, so this will be a big learning curve for me as I have no experience at all.. he provided me with a link to hands on labs with AWS and its seem alright so far easy to understand on my own (the basics).

They will show me the ropes at this place so I'm not to worried, but just seeing if anyone is in this area (career wise) so maybe I can learn more from them when(if) im at home on the weekend from the job. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom