New phone

NikonGuy

In Runtime
Hey guys.

So I had this off brand iRulu V1 5.5in smartphone since January. It was a pretty good phone, the screen started to get buggy when it got hot ( often, probably screwed something up the multiple times I dropped it ). It held out quite well, out of 4 drops from about 5 feet on hard floors, it had very minor cracks on the top. Of course when I got laid off and lose all my income, that's when the charging port started going. If the charging cable wouldn't be in the exact right spot it wouldn't charge, and it was hard to get it in that spot. It still charges and works, but I need to have a phone at all times, and not knowing when it'll stop charging all together, well I can't take that risk. So a week and a half ago I got a new phone :D. In a way I wanted a new phone anyway, but the timing couldn't have been worse because of my job, but oh well. What is it you ask? :lol: I got the new amazon Fire phone. The phone got a lot of bad reviews because when it was first released it had a lot of bugs and small issues. It over heated, got slow, things like that. But that was a YEAR ago, and being the amazon lover that I am, I figured by now they fixed these issues. Yes they did! this phone is really awesome. It's fast, super responsive, best touch screen i've personally used, ( better than an iPhone 5 touch ) has great features, like firefly is so fun. It's recognizes a lot. Dynamic perspective is sweet, camera is great. So anyone looking for a new phone, at $200 for 32gb, 2.2 ghz quad core, 2gb ram, it's a steal. I got it onsale for $169. There are tons of cases out there for it too. One thing that really caught me, the ear buds it came with are also the best ear buds ive ever owned. I mean, i've never spent a lot on ear buds, but they are super comfortable, usual looking, and amazing sound quality. Plus the phone comes with 1 year of amazon prime, which is normally $100. Anyone looking for an awesome new phone, get the Fire phone :)

Sounds wicked, does it support normal Android apps? (Is it even based on Android?)

Windows Phones often are sold cheaply despite a good spec because of the low popularity, plenty of choice out there! Never used one of these phones though, so it'll be interesting to see how you get on with it.

Sounds wicked, does it support normal Android apps? (Is it even based on Android?)

Windows Phones often are sold cheaply despite a good spec because of the low popularity, plenty of choice out there! Never used one of these phones though, so it'll be interesting to see how you get on with it.

It is not a windows phone :) It's Fire OSX which is based off of Android 5.0. And YES it does support normal android apps, you can also get the google play store on it :). What's great on this phone is that they were able to modify android and still keep it running really fast and smooth.

I had a Fire phone for a couple of months as my work phone. The company decided to turn them back in and give us iPhone 5c's as they can lock the iPhones up tight. The Fire phone was a decent phone, actually. Since it was from work I didn't try to do much with it, though. I am an Android fan because I can customize everything but it seemed that the Fire phone didn't have many options for that unless you get radical; since it was not mine I didn't bother.

I have an Otterbox style case with belt clip for the Fire phone if you want it.

I have an Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML myself. Damn awesome phone for the price.

I had a Fire phone for a couple of months as my work phone. The company decided to turn them back in and give us iPhone 5c's as they can lock the iPhones up tight. The Fire phone was a decent phone, actually. Since it was from work I didn't try to do much with it, though. I am an Android fan because I can customize everything but it seemed that the Fire phone didn't have many options for that unless you get radical; since it was not mine I didn't bother.

I have an Otterbox style case with belt clip for the Fire phone if you want it.

I have an Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML myself. Damn awesome phone for the price.

Yes I still need a case, that'd be awesome, but until I get to go back to work I won't have any money. When did you have the Fire? A lot has changed since the 2014 model and there was also an OS update the other day. From what I hear, it's a lot better now than it was even 6 months ago. I mean it still lacks a few features standard android has, but for me it's no big deal. Everything is costomizable that i've tried to customize, but i've only had it for a week and a half :p

It was back at the beginning of the year, possibly last year. I've slept since then.

So far I haven't found the case. I found my first 5c case but not the Fire one. If I find it I will look it up and post a link to it so you can see if it is compatible.

It was back at the beginning of the year, possibly last year. I've slept since then.

So far I haven't found the case. I found my first 5c case but not the Fire one. If I find it I will look it up and post a link to it so you can see if it is compatible.

Sounds good :).

I've only had one disappointment with this phone. The camera takes awesome pictures, however the settings are extremely limited which as a photographer that's disappointing at time.

Back
Top Bottom