New PC / Laptop

zcameron

Beta member
Hello All,

So, I'm typing what may very well be my last post anywhere on the web from my completely bunk Acer Aspire 5100. turns out they pretty much all eventually let their bios/mobo fail on you, so yay, another laptop I've owned that is a complete PoS. The other being a Dell I got at the beginning of highschool.

I am going into college this fall, need a PC that is affordable, will work well, and most importantly, I want to know of components that are as reliable as possible for a decent price. I can deal with a hit in performance as long as the computer, well I'm bad with benchmarks.

My example is I want it to be able to run CS Source very well, and I want to do this with components that DO NOT FAIL much.

If that request is impossible in a laptop medium for some reason, can anyone at least point me towards laptop component manufacturers/laptop dealers which make laptops that don't break apart after a year or two of their planned obsolescence?

Thank you.

I'd get at least windee's 3.11 for workgroups. Even if you dont' have a workgroup it comes with an enhanced version of Paint.

Based on what you've told us, this seems to be what you're looking for: Acer Aspire AS6530-5753 Notebook. It's affordable, well rated, a good manufacturer, looks nice, good graphics to play CSS and some other games, plenty of RAM and hard drive space, very nice processor, and again, very affordable for a laptop with specs like these.

Back
Top Bottom