Enermax 600W Noisetaker
NEC ND-3520A Black Dual Layer DVD+/-RW
Sony 3.5" FDD

Extreme Gaming Spider Case
Windows XP Professional
Logitek MX510
Saitek Eclipse

How does that sound?

haha thanks! It's gonna cost me around £1400 ($2300). First time I've built a PC too *scared*. Would you guys change anything on the list, but please bare in mind that it's at the top end of my budget and so could you recommend changes that are around the same price?

Thanks!

Oh yeah, I'll benchmark it for you, which won't mean a lot to me, but I've heard that it could do well on the benchmark test :S

For the Corsair RAM, make sure that it is XMS series DDR400. It looks pretty good for a dual core power PC. You 7800GTX with your Athlon X2 should give you a really good score.

oh right ok, well the advert doesn't say that it is. how much price difference are we looking at to get the XMS version?

Originally I was thinking of getting the OCZ Performance series 2Gb Dual Channel but I can't seem to find it cheaper than £185 in the UK :( If anyone has any sources for cheap OCZ RAM, please, please, please give me a link :)

Thanks for your help by the way! Much appreicated!

onimusha said:
wow i am jealous, makes my 3200 winchester, 6800gt look like crap picked up from the garbage.

Haha, thanks! I just wish I could afford the parts I originally listed! Then I would be an extremely happy bunny :)

TRDCorolla said:
Do you have to have 2GB though? Here's a Corsair XMS series running dual channel (2x512MB) 1GB DDR400:

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145450

Thanks for the inf and link, but as regards RAM, ideally I want 2Gb. I know you guys know a lot more about PCs than me, but it's just I want this comp to last me for a long time (especially through uni) and in 3-4 years time, I don't think 1Gb will be enough.

The cheapest I've found the OCZ 2Gb Dual Channel is £165 from an american website (which is a shame because I end up paying £25 just to post the items here) :(

Back
Top Bottom