New Operating Systems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Hi,
You might have clicked this supposing a new OS! I have seen some Hollywood films like Jurassic Park, MI, You've got mail....! These were made some time back when windows 95 was in use!LOL
I can't figure out whats software or isp these films were portraying! Can anyone tell me!?? The speed of the computers shown, let me guess should be around 1.4 Ghz!

-------------
eric

"You've Got Mail" was made supposing AOL as the ISP. Now THAT is funny! :D

some are theoretical and not based on anything

some are Win based, 95, xp...you can tell because they aren't trying to be anything else

some are pro Apple/Mac and you can tell by their interface, but that's really fictionail since Apple says only PCs are for getting work done...lol

As far as Jurassic Park, I believe that was a supposed Unix based OS, as you can gather that from watching the movie

But AOL back in the day being the isp isn't so strange, back then 90% (total guessing) or so were using is as their ISP.

Fast forward to today, and it's the thing I keep harping on about Vista...it's high time we have a powerful and rich GUI os, instead of the stuff in movies like Tom Cruise movies - Minority Report => MS Surface

In some movies as well as commercials there is no real OS as it seems most of them are digitally added on later. Such as a character sitting at a fake PC with a blue screen and them rendering a false OS onto the screen, so it's sort of a video on the monitor rather than an actual OS. But hey that's just my theory.

As far as Jurassic Park, I believe that was a supposed Unix based OS, as you can gather that from watching the movie

i'm pretty sure you're right on that one.

In some movies as well as commercials there is no real OS as it seems most of them are digitally added on later. Such as a character sitting at a fake PC with a blue screen and them rendering a false OS onto the screen, so it's sort of a video on the monitor rather than an actual OS. But hey that's just my theory.

i've always thought this myself. they can also be just an application that overlays the entire screen i guess.

Perhaps it is better to ask how did they make that effect, Regenesis is a semi popular series, this last episode uses vurtial interactive tech, we dont curently have that as far as I know, But how did they facilitate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom