New On switch

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
So I'm looking for a new on switch for a computer that I suspect has a broken one. But where can i

a. Find one
and
b. know if it's compatible with the motherboard I have?

b = all switches use "jumpers" which on all ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards are standard and can be changed between motherboards

a = your best bet is ebay :)

b = all switches use "jumpers" which on all ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards are standard and can be changed between motherboards

a = your best bet is ebay :)

When you say all ATX and Micro-ATX motherboards are standard and can be interchanged, does that mean a switch from a Micro ATX can be used in an ATX? Or is it exclusive within the form-factors?

That was my original assumption.

The computer I'm working with is a 1999 Dell 500C. I tried plugging in just the power cable to the broken computer; then using the old power-switch (and wiring) from my old dell case I had lying around and attached it to the broken computer. When I pressed the power button on my empty case nothing happened.

When I examined the wholes in the bottom of the on switch on the broken computer, it was different then the wholes at the bottom of my empty computer cases power switch wiring. So I couldn't line it up right

Get a doorbell, I use one when i'm testing cmputers. Just take a doorbell, and connect 2 wires to a jumper and connect to the power button place on the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom