new - old motherboard ?

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so i have what i have to believe is a bad motherboard. the "e z debug" l.e.d.'s flash to indicate the cpu and memory are bad (the computer power is getting into the computer, but it will not turn on or boot). i have taken the cpu & memory out of my computer and installed them into my daughters computer (same generation of parts), and they function just fine in that computer. so after i reassembled my computer (mostly for safe keeping of the components) i thought that i should make sure the power supply wasn't doing something weird. so i put her power supply into (actually laid it beside mine) and connected everything up. no difference. i even tried swapping my hard drive for her ssd, which again makes no difference. so unless I am missing something, I need a new, old motherboard. the processor is an intel i5 6500, using ddr4 memory. so i am pretty sure that means i need a H110, B150, or Z170 motherboard. the mobo i have is a MSI CSM-B150 VLH PRO. and because of the VERY limited number of new boards, i'm beginning to look at refurb's and used. the one thing that caught my attention is how MANY refurbished MSI boards there are. which makes me wonder if bad MSI boards are a common thing. and makes me want a different brand. I am thinking ASUS, as i and my son have had good experiences with them. but they are harder to find. which also leads me to believe they are a better board. so, i am asking for ideas of where to buy a used or refurbished (or even a new one) board, in America or Canada. I don't want one that comes from china. i have no issues with Chinese people. its just a royal pain to work out a problem when your dealing with someone on a completely different continent, and don't speak the same language.

the one thing that caught my attention is how MANY refurbished MSI boards there are
Yes, they're generally trash.
I am thinking ASUS, as i and my son have had good experiences with them. but they are harder to find. which also leads me to believe they are a better board.
Because Asus doesn't have a refurb and resell subsidiary like MSI does.

Your option is as you think, used or refurb. There is this option, if it has the features you need.
https://www.amazon.com/Asus-Micro-DDR4-Motherboards-H110M-K/dp/B017UL7NKQ

Back
Top Bottom