New Nanowire Battery Holds 10x The Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
Of existing Lithium Ions that is. Laptop's could now last up to 20 hours.

''Stanford researchers have found a way to use silicon nanowires to reinvent the rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that power laptops, iPods, video cameras, cell phones, and countless other devices.

The new version, developed through research led by Yi Cui, assistant professor of materials science and engineering, produces 10 times the amount of electricity of existing lithium-ion, known as Li-ion, batteries. A laptop that now runs on battery for two hours could operate for 20 hours, a boon to ocean-hopping business travelers.''

Original Source Stanford's nanowire battery holds 10 times the charge of existing ones

Thanks

Lol my laptop is a centrino based, and it has two batteries, the main (which i bought new a few months ago, the lappy is about 3 years old) and i can pull the cd-rw out and put a battery in there. Them two batteries in, even with wifi and on max battery i hit around 8 hours of battery time.

Lucky, my dads dell vostro pulls a meagre 3 or 4 hours when surfing, an hour or two when gameing. I think its the 8600GTS and the 2.3Ghz Core 2 Duo that sucks up the power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom