New motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be overcloking it as i dont know how/dont feel safe doing it. Will this mean that there is little, if not any difference between the DFI and my current 'acer' mobo?

Is it worth it if i wont be overclocking?

Big difference to consider is the form factor.

Your current board is probably a microATX (3 PCI, 2 RAM slots). The mobo you are looking at is an ATX board, which is larger.

Make sure that your case will hold an ATX board. If it won't, then you have a great excuse to get a really cool snazzy case.

I thought my current mobo was quite small :confused:

Anyway, will i see any performance gains from just swapping mobos. On the Acer mobo my current BIOS is locked i think. It wont let my change things like voltages and fan speeds etc ( i think thats why speedfan dosent work properly on my PC?)

Also, does the DFI mobo have only a case fan socket and CPU fan socket?

BTW, that mobo isn't 939 its 754, if you want the 939 DFI NF3 board go here DFI BOARD but be aware being that it just came out it may be a little buggy as some have reported.

Nah im i need the 754 as my processor is 754 :( I was just wondering if theres any point upgrading if i wont be overclocking? Can someone answer me that as ive asked the question a few times now and havent got a proper answer :p pleeeease :p, a simple yes or no would do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom