new motherboard in old HP cabinet

asamay81

Solid State Member
hi
i am using a Compaq Presario SR1630IL desktop which is built with Intel Pentium IV 3.06 GHz processor and a MSI MS-7174 motherboard.

the motherboard specifications can be found here

Code:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00499348&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1125561
the form factor is micro ATX

at present i am thinking to move to Intel i3-2100 3.1 GHz processor with a compatible motherboard.

i desperately need your help in these regards:

i. which motherboard will be better for optimized purposes? (i do not use my pc for gaming purpose but, need a fast computer at affordable price)
ii. i am confused whether a new motherboard will fit into my HP cabinet. the cabinet is excellent and i do not want to change it.

eagerly waiting for your reply.

thanks in advance

~asamay81~

thanks a lot for you kind reply...

i already have a 300 Gb Seagate SATA HDD attached with my PC which is enough for my research computation purposes. for another purposes i use portable HDD.

just suggest me one thing. is the choice DH67GD motherboard OK for i3-2100? i have a bit weakness about intel (i may be wrong also). is their any better processor in the i3 series?

i just want to stick to i3 series only at this level due to higher cost of the i5 and i7 series.

thanks again

It's a good choice and that the hard drive will bee fine then. It was just in case you had an old IDE drive still.

Back
Top Bottom