New motheboard

LivedKrad

Beta member
Hello, first-time poster here. I'm sorry if I don't include all of the necessary information. However, here goes:

Brand new motherboard (Syntax brand mobo, I don't know the model)
AMD Duron 1.1GHz
No overclocking
No harddrive or optical drive yet installed
nVidia GeForce 2 VGA card
1x AGP slot (probably 4x AGP?)
5 PCI slots (nothing in them)
One RAM stick installed (PC2700 333MHz 256MB)
Board set to operate on 100MHz FSB (horribly underclocked for RAM)

What I've installed: All of the above. PSU is plugged into the board, power switch to the board as well. No HDd hooked up, no optical drives installed either.

Problem: I start the computer, everything powers up. The computer itself powers up, however I see no video! Some people have suggested jumpers, they're set correctly. Maybe the card is bad? No, I have replaced it with two other cards. Is the RAM bad? No, I have replaced it and also changed to SDRAM with my other two SDRAM slots. Maybe the standoffs next to the video card are not in all the way thus bending the board? No, the card is completely plugged in. I have tried everything I know, including switching processors, PSUs, and even switching motherboards! I have the same problem with both boards and I have no idea what's going on!

*BUMP*. Come on now, so many other replies to other threads but none for mine? This problem is not unsolveable.

Do you get any beeps? Can you double check that Video card in another system. Maybe you got a bad AGP Slot. Try to Clear the cmos. Sometimes that does the trick.

Things I have done: Switched out the video card three (3) times. Put all three video cards in EACH DIFFERENT motherboard. I have taken out the CMOS lithium battery for three (3)+ hours. I have set the BIOS reset jumper for twenty (20) seconds. The monitor is in idle mode (light blinking) when I start the computer. I want to stress this again, I have two motherboards. One is guaranteed working the other is questionable. I have tested the card in the AGP slot in mobo 1 and in mobo 2. Same problem, same symptoms. I also hooked the speaker input into the appropriate port, no beeps.

Hi

I had this exact same problem and I just want to see something. What happens if you boot the comp with no RAM in it? If the computer is really booting up, you will hear BEEP BEEP BEEP (no memory error)

If it isn't, then you have a different problem. Just because the computer is on doesn't mean that it has booted anything...

Make sure all connections are good. Double check to make sure that each thing is pushed in firmly, but not forceably, but, to a point where you can't go any farther. Make sure that each connection, ram spot, etc. is using the right type of component and that you are using the right type of connectors from your psu to power each component.

Back
Top Bottom