New Livingroom.

Berry, I believe so?
Cool stuff. The yellow component is meant to help show colours like golds and cyans much more clearly and vibrantly, RGB (despite common misconception) isn't all powerful and can't display the full range of the colour gamut. Yellow helps extend that a fair bit :) Also uses less power overall because the light can be let through more easily, thus a less powerful backlight is needed.

Certainly looks like a good setup, I too would like something like that one day when I'm actually in my own house for any long period of time and when I'm actually settled down and earning a decent wage! :) PhD first though :)

Cool stuff. The yellow component is meant to help show colours like golds and cyans much more clearly and vibrantly, RGB (despite common misconception) isn't all powerful and can't display the full range of the colour gamut. Yellow helps extend that a fair bit :) Also uses less power overall because the light can be let through more easily, thus a less powerful backlight is needed.

Certainly looks like a good setup, I too would like something like that one day when I'm actually in my own house for any long period of time and when I'm actually settled down and earning a decent wage! :) PhD first though :)
Are you really shooting for a PhD? I want to go for a Master's but a PhD... Isn't it an additional 5 or so years on top of undergrad?

^^ I would say so.

I am going to try to get Mitsubishi to fund my Bachelors and then hopefully Masters here soon.

Are you really shooting for a PhD? I want to go for a Master's but a PhD... Isn't it an additional 5 or so years on top of undergrad?
It all depends on what course you do - but yeah it'll be at least 3 (masters is usually just 1.) Mine is 3 to start with but may well have to extend to a 4th which I can do so pretty easily. And yup I've got the place and funding secured, as long as I get a 2:1 or above which at the moment I'm easily on track for I'm starting in September!

So in 4 years or so I might have to change my username to Drberry120 :p

Back
Top Bottom