New Laptop

ssc456

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,

Its my Birthday in 2 weeks and i'm getting some money to go towards a new laptop the problem is i dont know what to get.

My cousin has just bought a new iMac and i have to tell you i'm getting sucked in to the Apple whole lol.

I've never been a big fan of Apple's computers as i have stressed they are overpriced just because they look pretty!

The laptop wont be used for gaming it will be used for music producing and used for connecting to my DJ equipment.

If i go with a Mac Book i will set aside around £1,000 where as if i get a windows Laptop i will only set aside around £600 or so.

My thoughts are i will get around the same kind of performance from both machines even know they are £400 apart.

Any comments, links to UK laptops are appreciated :D

Of course we can throw a spanner in the works with the option of an Ipad as well?

It's up to you mate. I really love the way the Mac works wonders with music and dj stuff and garage band etc.
If I was you I'd get a MacBook Pro at least 15 inch :)

1000 for a Mac? Try saving up at least 2k to get one worthwhile. It sucks, but that's what a good mac costs these days if you don't buy them used. Based on my experience with them used however, I'd still say buy new if possible, if you must go down that path.

I think the Ipad has some footing in the music world, because you can get quite a variety of synth controllers for it, which would be very useful for live playing.

Generally I wouldn't get an I Mac for music creation, as for the price you can get a very decent laptop with better specs; higher RAM/Hard drive etc, but you see a lot of DJ's with them, so there must be something about them

Hmmmmm your giving me things to think about.

I personally think i'm going to get a Laptop i just thought i would open my mind to other options as i was scared of being an Apple hater an missing out on a really good bit of kit. I dont consider myself an Apple hater i personally think their stuff is just overpriced and very pretty lol, saying that i am an Iphone lover!!

Anyways the point is i was leaning towards a Laptop anyway but i just wanted to make sure that wasnt my own personal bias causing me to do that.

Thanks Guys.

. . . . . . . Any suggestions for reasonably priced laptops from £500 - £700?

hi.
we are selling all branded laptop and one of the dealer of lenovo. you have suggest pcservice center in chennai.thank you

Hmmmmmmmmm i do like that and i've been looking at similar spec'd laptops for a little bit cheaper, i think they just drop the graphics card, which isnt a problem for me. I'm anything but a gamer.

I might even downgrade to an i3 processor.

Whille i'm mentioning processions does anyone care to give me a down to earth update of the new line of processors around? I have to confess to be being out of the ocmputer world for the last year or so? My last build was when Core2Duos and Core 2 Quad's were all the rage and i think the Q6600 was the must have processor!!

So forgive my ignorance . . . infact i think a new thread is in order lol . . . http://www.computerforums.org/hardware/out-date-105548.html#post1077692

Back
Top Bottom