new laptop suggestions

ChuNalt787

In Runtime
I am going to be buying a new laptop soon for college however it will also practicaly replace my desktop. Currently I have the following

2.4 P4
1gig dual channel 3200 ram
radeon 9800 pro 128mb

I want my new comp to exceed my current machine. I have around a 1300 dollar budget and would not like to go over that. I need this laptop to be able to play bf2 at med or better smoothly without havin to fight the thing. I have been currently looking at the HP dv5000t series because it has a gforce go 7400 with the duo processor but its 1374 configured as follows

untitled.jpg

Does anyone know of any other laptops with good video cards and the other stuff the same or better that I could get cheaper? I have hit a dead end with my options. I dont know about the acers much so I havent been able to disect those.

Looks like a pretty decent laptop, however I would agree with dude1234 on the fact that it does have a rather small hard drive.

DDR Dual channel is why the frequency is so high, but yes that is very nice lol anyone want to send me one? j/k

thx for all the help so far. that pc mag link didnt give me any hits on what I wanted. I guess they dont have all the core duos indexed yet. the other laptop that was on the pcmag site had integrated graphics and the xps is too flashy. I need to be able to take this into an intership.

As far as the hd is concerned thats not too big of a worry, i have a 250gig external that i would be using. I have had some previous problems with dell and would like to stay away from them. they seem to use inferior products whenever they can get away with it. Anyone know anything about acer and where to start lookign with them?

the first laptop mentioned is 1374$

i like samsung laptops, or toshiba... they are good makes, ive got a samsung M40, done me very well... the M50 is the upgraded version, not sure on costs, but it is a VERY nice machine... will probably upgrade in the next year or so...

seems a bit expensive for it. you can get fairly good laptops here for £500 upwards and i thought they would be cheaper where you are. i havent anything negative about acer but id just get on to google and see what others think before scouring ebay and online shops.

ok I have been looking aroun and can get everything equal on two laptops except for the vid cards. one has a x1400 and the other has an nvidia go 7400. they are almost hte same price which one is better?

Back
Top Bottom