New laptop for wife

man mine is just a little older, Kabylake chip and 8gb ram, and there are only a few things that have even slowed it down that I do but mostly it does everything well.

$700 though no woman is worth that imo hope she appreciates it.

I don't think I have ever used a 16gb ram laptop or desktop, must be nice.

Well- since she is a CPA , and this laptop will be used for business as well as the fact she now brings more income to the house hold than I do . I think she is worth it.

High hive! (keeps eyes open for cool wife).

Rare to have Numpad these days. I like back lit keys but mine doesn't have.

Hopefully the huge ram helps it fight obsolescence longer.

I'd image accounting is a lot of quickbooks and excel and email and bank websites, should be overkill for a while.

Most laptops I've used that are less than 6lbs have flimsy hinges and low spec, so I think it's worth it to go 17 inch screen unless there is a desktop or docking station always availible.

You get what you pay for. I'm sure for $700 it is an awesome machine!

I am hoping - they are known to have issues with the wifi adapter signal dropping- but several people have been able to fix it with changing the drivers in win10 . So that is step one- clean OS and install new drivers for the wifi adapter, and get rid of bloatware as much as possible. I can built a new PC without issue, but the laptop and software stuff my age is obviously a limiting factor.. LOL Certainly it will be overkill for her work a bit- but we will also use it on vacations, etc. for streaming movies,etc. Although at times she will have 10 -12 tabs open running different software programs, client Quickbooks/Peachtree/other spread sheets,etc. while researching a code section of Tax law, etc. So not just doing her own Quickbooks or excel. It is several things at once.

Windows 10 is bloatware.

When I bought mine I was thinking about trying the factory image windows 10 and bloatware smorgasbord but even to finish first boot setup it wanted way too much info, said something about the webcam and retinal scan (lol has tape on it now). Can't buy one without webcam any more they aren't being offered anywhere on the consumer level.

The machine I have now with octocore and 8gb ram is the nicest one I have ever personally owned. Has a little less gpu than your new one too. I dont play games and a lot of the drawing software is windows only :(

Ya, so it arrived today. We'll see what bloatware is on it , etc.

Well , I am trying to do an offline account because the wife doesn't have a Gmail account at all. No Facebook , etc. So we'll see

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom