New Here!

DThePCNz

Solid State Member
Hey guys whats up i got a noob question i have an emachines t6522 amd64 3500+ athlon, 200gb and 1024mb. I am looking to upgrade the processor, will I have to upgrade the mother board if I do this? Also If someone could give me some good references that would be awesome! Thanks in advance for any help........

Hey guys whats up i got a noob question i have an emachines t6522 amd64 3500+ athlon, 200gb and 1024mb. I am looking to upgrade the processor, will I have to upgrade the mother board if I do this? Also If someone could give me some good references that would be awesome! Thanks in advance for any help........

You will not be updating that emachines. Take it from me. Upgrading a pre-fabricated computer is, in almost all cases, completely impossible.

Additionally, that processor is almost 10 years old. The world has moved on from single-core, low clocked processors.

The only way to upgrade the processor is to buy a new motherboard, a new processor, new ram (old ram is probably slow and will bottleneck the new processor), a new GPU and you will need a new PSU to power all the new components.

All the new stuff won't fit in the old case so you have to get a new case as well.

Wait a second... seems like... the only way to upgrade is to build a new rig.

Welcome to CF!

You can upgrade the CPU but like you already said, you will need a new motherboard as well. You'll most likely need some new RAM as well, what are you looking to spend on this?

Welcome to CF!

You can upgrade the CPU but like you already said, you will need a new motherboard as well. You'll most likely need some new RAM as well, what are you looking to spend on this?

I am willing to bet anything that his motherboard is AGP. He will need a new GPU and PSU and... see my above post.

I would suggest upgrading the Motherboard, click here and it's AMD's site and they can take you through a few steps and they can narrow a choice of motherboard for you. But that machine's old.

I would suggest upgrading the Motherboard, click here and it's AMD's site and they can take you through a few steps and they can narrow a choice of motherboard for you. But that machine's old.

new motherboard means new ram new cpu just build new pc like thelis suggested

wow so i guess im gonna be building from scratch well my budget was only $250 but i see im gonna have to do a lil bit of saving, I was thinking i was only gonna have to replace the mother board and processor but that was it. Reading your guys post i see otherwise!!! Thanks for the comments!

We can give you a build, what do you use your computer for? It's going to be tight you may want to expand your budget.

Back
Top Bottom