New Hdd, No startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phandentium

In Runtime
My brother has been bugging me to get his computer fixed. It wouldnt startup, it was pretty much hopeless from my diagnostics. But that isnt the problem.

I have another computer that I used in order for him to at least have a PC to use. The PC had an old graphics card, no network card, and I pretty much killed the hard drive.

So I took the working parts out of his broken PC. His hard drive, his graphics card, and his Wireless Card.

It has no problem with the graphics card, and the wireless card is no problem at the moment.

The hard Drive however has a problem. Or something along those lines. I cant seem to run an XP, 98, or even a 95 install disk on the PC. When I start up the PC normally it says it had a problem booting. It shows the menu of what to do (Safe mode, Last Known good configuration, start windows normally, etc. . .) and none of the options work.

So my question is how do I get it to work properly. Wether it is a new install or booting into windows. This PC has a floppy drive just so you know.

YOu have to do a fresh install of XP. You cannot load windows from an old install on "new" (used or not) hardware. If you were able to get it to boot, the blue screen of death would be your next view. Reformat and reinstall!!!!!

Ok, I see that it is only Windows install disks that wont work. I used an Ubuntu install disk in order to format everything, but when I put in Xp, it says no boot devices found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom