New harddrive plz help!

drzero328

Beta member
Ok i'm not very good at explaining things....so bear with me.

I recently purchased a new 200 Gb harddrive for my hp computer...But i want to take the files from my dell to use with this harddrive...i have a program called western digital data lifeguard tools and when i use that program the options are A.)Format as secondary storage device (which i dont want) and B.)Creat new boot drive. Now what i want to know is if i create it as a new boot drive can i still use my old harddrive in my dell or will my new harddrive be the only bootable one? If there is a better program out there that i could use please point me in the right direction!

If it wasn't c;ear i need both harddrives to be bootable b/c they will be on different computers...If somebody knows how to do this with a program i can find on the net plz help me!

drzero328 said:
If it wasn't c;ear i need both harddrives to be bootable b/c they will be on different computers...If somebody knows how to do this with a program i can find on the net plz help me!
Well first off it won't be b c,but maybe C D.It de[ends on what other drives you have,but you DO NOT NEED ANYTHING BUT KNOWING HOW.
No software just "learning how to use a computer"
I doubt if you'll email though.
I have done this it's easy.
:D

both units will still be bootable-your just making a backup of the first one.-you can even use both units in the same computer so long as the second drive is put on ide port 2.

You could just use a program like, Drive Copy 4 and just make an exact duplicate of the drive, take the old one out, and move the new drive into its place.

Thats the best idea. It doesn't even take very long. You can probably get a Trial of Drive Copy and use it once without paying for it anyway.

the way i do it is, install and Os on each and make your new drive master that will boot up the os. And then the other slave, then just transfer the files and then just take the slave away. Not much hasstle reaaaly!

camers said:
the way i do it is, install and Os on each and make your new drive master that will boot up the os. And then the other slave, then just transfer the files and then just take the slave away. Not much hasstle reaaaly!
Wrong thread? :eek: Lol

Back
Top Bottom