New Graphics card.... ATI x1950??

EcLiPsE

In Runtime
I want to get a X1950 But im not sure what model to get. Can you guys help me out? I was going to just get the x1600 pro but someone said its not that great of a card...

What's your budget? All of the cards in the X1950 series are really good. If you've got around $200, the X1950PRO would be good. If you have about $250, the X1950XT would be much better. And don't bother with the X1950XTX. It's not much better than the X1950XT, and for a mere $20-30 more (not too much considering the ~$400 price), you could grab an 8800GTS, a far superior card. And if you have tons of money to blow, say over $600, the 8800GTX is the better than all of the above cards, but you'd definitely be fine with an X1950XT or PRO.

yeah i just got a new HISx1950pro with their IceQ3 cooling, and i cant use it yet cause im waiting for my new mobo, but i have read nothing but great reviews! XTX way to much money, and i dont really know about the xt but i would recomend the HIS version of the pro, only 239$ on newegg, not to expensive but not cheap, good ranged card for if you wanna go crossfire in the future..:)

Well I only have one pci express slot so.... Ya I was thinking the 1950Pro Whats the HIS edition? Also, I have a integraded video card Will it affect it if I just put the new one in the PCI express slot and plug in my monitor to it?

EcLiPsE said:
Well I only have one pci express slot so.... Ya I was thinking the 1950Pro Whats the HIS edition? Also, I have a integraded video card Will it affect it if I just put the new one in the PCI express slot and plug in my monitor to it?

well it depends, do you have PCIe x16?

the HIS edidtion is just a manufacturer.....their version of the card comes with a nice cooler...and it reduces temp in side the case...

i got mine for 239$ from newegg last week

i belive depending on the type of intergrated graphics you would just plug and play (obviously updating the drivers first) thats what i do...i have herd of some setups where disabling the onboard video is a must, but i have never run into the problem

heres a link for the card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161043

The ASUS one comes with a dual-slot cooler that exhausts hot air out the back of the case. The HIS IceQ Turbo does the same. The other HIS one is the normal reference cooler with the HIS sticker on it.

Be sure you have room for the dual-slot cooler though...not every one has the room for it.

It's handy if you're using air cooling and you just need something quiet. The reference single-slot coolers tend to be a bit noisier and they don't exhaust hot air out the back.

Back
Top Bottom