New graphics and sound cards...

Matt08642

Daemon Poster
Hey everybody, I am looking for a new sound card to listen to music with, and possibly record some guitar stuff with.

My budget is under $200.

Also, do most good sound cards use PCI Express, or just regular PCI? I only have 1 PCIx16 slot and it will soon be occupied by some graphics card.

Awwwww, I just found out some bad news :( The card I was getting for my birthday (this) is no longer available :mad: On the subject, could you also recommend me a video card around $200 that will run most games on medium at least?

Oh! is this card the same as the one that isn't on tigerdirect anymore?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=222247032&vpn=PVT73PUDS3&manufacture=XFX/Division of Pine

All sound cards uses either PCI, ISA or AMR. Your best shot is PCI.

With what David suggested, I have the newegg link.

$120

View it Here
Or, for the X Mysitique
View it Here

Since you are in Canada (OR I assume with the link you provided)

Vew it Here

X Mystique
View it Here

What's the difference between the x-plosion and the x-mystique?

Sorry, i'm a sound card n00b.

Is the X-Plosion better or is the X-Mystique better?

Also, I have line in, microphone in, and line out on the front of my computer too... could these hook up to this new soundcard, or will they be useless?

I was looking at the comparison page and it seems as though the X-Purity will have front panel audio... is that the whole line in/out and microphone stuff I talked about?

Oh, and about recording guitar tracks, do any of these cards have a 1/4" line in for plugging an instrument cable in to?

Or for recording would I be better off just getting something dedicated solely for guitar recording, along with the soundcard? (http://line6.com/guitarport/xt.html)

Matt08642 said:
Hey everybody, I am looking for a new sound card to listen to music with, and possibly record some guitar stuff with.
My budget is under $200.

Not sure what the cost is in US$, but I recommend the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition. It's around £120 in the UK, which should be within your $200 limit.

On the subject, could you also recommend me a video card around $200 that will run most games on medium at least?

For a good within budget graphics card I'd go for the ATI X850XT Crossfire Edition (256mb) or a Nvidia 7900GT (256mb), both will run all the lastest games in at least medium settings and again should be under your US$ budget.

BullDog(UK)

I'm in Canada, but it shouldn't cost that much more.

EDIT: The 7900GT is $400 CAD, so that's out of the question.

EDIT 2: I'm thinking, maybe instead of a video card and a sound card, I could just get this.

Ok, I guess i'll just go for the 7600GT then. No sound card, i'll just use my integrated sound, lol.

Matt08642 said:
I'm in Canada, but it shouldn't cost that much more.

EDIT: The 7900GT is $400 CAD, so that's out of the question.

EDIT 2: I'm thinking, maybe instead of a video card and a sound card, I could just get this.

7600 is ok for your budget.

$400 for a 7900GT, glad I'm in the UK :p

What about the ATI X850XT or even the X800XL, they both run Battlefield 2 in high res without a problem and that game is very graphic intensive.

BullDog(UK)

Back
Top Bottom