New Gigabyte nForce4 mobo in stock

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Hey guys. Those of you ordering a new motherboard, Newegg's finally got the: GIGABYTE "GA-K8NF-9" NVIDIA nForce4 4X Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU in stock.

I just placed an order for it and hopefully to get it by the end of the week. If I know Newegg, I'll get it on Wednesday or THursday. This looks like a great board for my Athlon 64 and I can't wait to get this baby going. PCI-express, can't wait to try that out too.

Here's more links to this product:

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-K8NF-9.htm#

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-128-268&depa=0

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
yeah, I'm giving that a try. I've been an MSI fan for a long time, but they don't have their new motherboards out yet. Since Gigabyte is the only readily available motherboard (plus, it has a better reputation than Chaintech boars) with PCIe support for 939 socket that doesn't cost too much, it's a best buy for me. So far I've used all MSI and this will be my first one outside of that. I'll try the Asus motherboard one of these days.

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Crap, I just read something interesting about the Gigabyte motherboard I just ordered. There is a problem running 2 memory sticks rated at DDR400, but computer reads it as DDR333. Anyone know the fix for this?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I'll keep an eye on that update. I can't believe the nForce4 chip is right next to the PCIex16 slot for the video card. I'll bet once I install the new video card, the card itself would sit right on top of the heatsink and fan of the nForce processor. That's more obstruction I do not need.

Just checked back at the website. Newegg sold out the Gigabyte PCIe board already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about demand. People are snatching them up like crazy. I wonder how many of those boards Newegg got in the first place?