New Gaming PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoft_Boy

Banned
This Is a new build I have planned out tell me if anythings wrong or if I should change anything.

Case: COOLER MASTER Mystique 631 RC-631-KWN1
Link

PSU: Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550
Link

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor
Link

Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI
Link

RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB)
Link

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS
Link

Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S162A/BEBN
Link

Video Card: eVGA 256-P2-N564-AX Geforce 7900GT KO
Link

CPU Fan: ZALMAN CNPS 8000
Link

Give Feedback Please

how can u say an antec truepower is not reliable? almost everyone who has been building rigs recently has been using that an di have heard NO complaints.

i agree with john3, the antec truepower 550w is one of the most stabel and reliable PSU's on the market.

and for everything else, it looks good.

It may be reliable, but not as powerful as a OCZ Gamexstream if you want it ;). But the antec has power and it is reliable too. Save some money and get a Scythe ninja or Scythe Cool Mine for a heatsink. Both work great. My P4 idles at about 35C and never goes above 48C on load.
Edit: i dont kno if the ninja has a mountin kit for AM2, but the Cool mine does

You could also wait till the end of the month, that X2 will be about $170 which is almost half the price of what it is now. So you could either get that X2 or get a better X2 for the same price as that one now or you can get a conroe, but either way u'll have a good CPU

everything else looks great, you'll have a nice system

@ meefle, how can u say the 550watt truepower doesnt have enough power? it has enough amps to run 2 7900GTXs in sli.

lol it was sarcasm..... kind of hard to do on the internet, but the GameXstream has more power, 4 +12v rails, 600 Watts, Blue LED (for all those ppl who buy PSUs just for the lightin;)). See the antec has 2 19A +12V rails =ing 38A total while the OCZ has 4 18A +12V rails =ing 72A total........ You still have alot of power with the Antec, but alot more power with the OCZ ;). I have nothin against the Antec, just if you want tons of power, OCZ is the way to go. Both are reliable PSUs

meefle said:
lol it was sarcasm..... kind of hard to do on the internet, but the GameXstream has more power, 4 +12v rails, 600 Watts, Blue LED (for all those ppl who buy PSUs just for the lightin;)). See the antec has 2 19A +12V rails =ing 38A total while the OCZ has 4 18A +12V rails =ing 72A total........ You still have alot of power with the Antec, but alot more power with the OCZ ;). I have nothin against the Antec, just if you want tons of power, OCZ is the way to go. Both are reliable PSUs

why are you recommending tons of power if he's only using one 7900gt?

wow....... once again it was sarcasm.......

I have nothin against the Antec, just if you want tons of power, OCZ is the way to go.

big word..... IF!!

I WAS JUST SAYIN THE OCZ HAS ALOT OF POWER AND IF HE WANTED IT, GET IT! jeez ppl the Antec is a powerful PSU too! just not as powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom