New Gaming Build ~$1000 Budget

Raw P

Baseband Member
Hey there!

I'm looking into spending around $1000-$1100 on a new rig so that I can enjoy some gaming (I can go over a little more but looking to keep it within $1100 post MIR). I'm going to get a 27" 1440p monitor (not part of this budget) so I do need a good video card that can run games at that resolution... maybe a 290 or 770 4gb?

I have all the peripherals and get free Windows 8 copy from school. I do need a case and all the parts. I came across this build today: Intel Core i5-4690K, Gigabyte Radeon R9 290, Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) - System Build - PCPartPicker which is slightly higher than my budget but I'm sure there's room for some savings. Not sure if it's a good build but feel free on improving on the one linked or help me with a completely new build.

I've been looking around to find any good deals. I couldn't find much, but are these worth getting?
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI Z97 ATX Motherboard - LGA1150 Socket, Intel Z97 Express Socket, 4x DDR3 Memory, Max. 32GB - GA-Z97X-SLI at TigerDirect.com
CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl w/ USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case - Newegg.com

I don't really know much about parts so I couldn't really come up with my own build. Not sure what other information you need, I'm from NC, USA so any site that ships there is fine.

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for the quick response. Build looks great! I came across another deal.

SSD 250GB ($109): Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB Internal 2 5" MZ 7TE250BW SSD Solid State Drive 887276851372 | eBay

You think it's worth the extra 25 bucks to increase the size of the SSD? I think it's the same SSD you linked but with more storage.

One other thing I forgot to mention was that I might be tied down to wireless internet. Would I need a wireless N one? Do wireless cards matter much or they all pretty much the same?

If you aren't jumping on that SSD soon they might be sold out. If they aren't get it, if not stick with the 120 I guess.

Generally speaking, yes, but certain things do matter. You can get some relatively good N cards for cheap though.

Yeah I jumped on the SSD. I just finished buying all my parts I just couldn't wait haha. I found some cheap $15 wireless n card. I bought the PCI-e version but I'm wondering-- is there a difference between regular PCI and PCI-e when it comes to wireless cards?

Back
Top Bottom