New fan vs Fan Adapters vs new HSF

Odds have it that it does. Supporting the Opteron CPUs back in the day didn't require anything extra and since it's an actual Asus board I'm going to bet it does. Since the one I linked was only like 20 bucks I would jump on it for the considerate upgrade over the single core but I don't know your financial situation so I can't say do it anyways.

Oh u would have snagged it, bu I may have found a dual core 2.2 that I know for sure will work :D :D So I hopped on that train. And the ill have to wait to get a hsf and thermal paste :(

I wouldn't use your current stock heatsink on an X2.

I would have jumped on it because I would have tried to find a way to get a custom bios on the board and overclock the Opteron. Most of them could hit 3GHz on air cooling easy.

Well duh :p why would I use a heat sink made for a single core on a dual core? Lol

Ya know, I have tried to find a custom bios and have had no luck. I'm probably not looking in the right place. And I really don't want to brick that mobo...

Well I am, but I wouldn't use it on a dual core :p if I really wanted a show I'd in them both without heatsinks lol

Looking at it right now, my CPU is hitting 114 F with two windows of c&c alliances open, one on each monitor. Thinking about it I'm beginning to wonder of it isn't the CPU fan, it might be the PSU fan. Well one of two. Every other fan (4 others) has been pulled out and tested already...

Doesn't matter as long as it's running cool. If 45c is your load temp then you're doing good. My S939 CPUs always ran around 70c because I always had them overclocked ridiculously high.

For example:
06-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom