New dell wont boot w/ ssd but will w/ hdd?

You've missed one more thing, this video and data was last updated in 2015. Of course, you can no longer use these tools and tips today.
Another thing - you can't download anything with your Windows7 key anywhere, even those servers don't exist anymore.
And you probably won't be able to activate Windows 7 with them anymore, because these servers simply doesn't exist no more. So you'll have the only option to use the DAZ loader and pre-prepared updates, because you can't get anything for Windows 7 from Windows servers anymore.
And what I remembered from the beginning - you move hard drives with the OP system from one computer to another and you want them to work!!!
But why should they work if the whole system is different, probably all the drivers are also different, etc. Also, it sounds like you want to boot into a UEFI machine using the BIOS method but without changing BIOS settings, etc.
How are these things supposed to work?
You said you checked the SSD and it was fine.
Yes, I believe it's still fine because it's not that easy to break it, but I don't understand that, how did you check it?
There is no such device on a Windows computer capable of doing this. Also don't know any third party tool for that.
However, you still have to work pretty hard to break it unless you mechanically try to break it. For example, using a large hammer or a some other sledgehammer.
I'll just clone the current drive at least I'll have SSD speed. and continue to ignore virus guys iratations.if virus guy becomes just to iratationg I'll spend $13.48

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3942503154...CoMZZp+Ax+iTRcmbGwzNrBq0QHFS|tkp:BFBMlov-pu9g
how do you plan to keep warm this winter? do you have a wood burning stove and lots of stuff to burn?

On a side note and mostly because this thread is long, and I'm too lazy to look it up, Windows 7 does not have native drivers for NVME type of SSD. As long as you are using a SATA SSD drive windows 7 should install with no issues following PP's guide line. You'll still need to go to the MDL forum to get the DAZ loader and get your Windows 7 to authenticate and all necessary updates.

On a side note and mostly because this thread is long, and I'm too lazy to look it up, Windows 7 does not have native drivers for NVME type of SSD. As long as you are using a SATA SSD drive windows 7 should install with no issues following PP's guide line. You'll still need to go to the MDL forum to get the DAZ loader and get your Windows 7 to authenticate and all necessary updates.
yes I have SATA SSD I also have the win7 drivers attached
1664292873026.jpeg

You need to do a fresh install. Download the appropriate ISO file from here https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmanager/windows-7-iso-file-download.html
Download Rufus from here https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/releases/download/v3.20/rufus-3.20.exe
Create a bootable media and boot to it. Format the SSD while in the Windows 7 Setup and install.
I was able to DL win7 & Rufus working on next step creating bootable DVD, I have the DVD inserted in it's drive.
windows wants me to turn on or off net framework 2.0 in control panel.
1st my net framework is 3.5 & is shaded blue, can uncheck but can't check, thought I'd ask before I precede.
net framework.jpg

after disc is created:
I'm thinking I physically remove current OS HDD then boot to BIOS, then move DVD to top of boot order, then boot from DVD.

if I remember correctly last time I partitioned a OS HDD, for OS then for storage I used disc management.thanks for advice

having diffaculty w/ ceating bootable disc. I stuck at turning on/off net framework.
I've never created a bootable disc. thanks for any advice.
maybe I DL the wronge file I'm now DL #1

net framework3.5 DL.jpg
still unable to get past this net framwork crappola I looked at install instructions it mentions updates I have updates turned off.

net framework3.5 DL no work.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously you have no clue as to what your doing and have no interest in finding out yourself on what you need to do. Our member kalju suggested that you take your pc to someone at a repair shop that can fix your issues. If I were you, I would seriously consider that option

You miss the point of a forum. It’s a place to disscuss and find solutions.

You apparently don’t want to disscuss but would rather listen to morons like whatshisname

Who offer no solutions but do offer negatives.

Btw I gave up on a clean win7 install. I admit I know a little about window. I can explain what I've done then ask for assitance. I will do what I know how to do an clone
A copy of win7.then live w/ virus guys error messages.

You miss the point of a forum. It’s a place to disscuss and find solutions.

You apparently don’t want to disscuss but would rather listen to morons like whatshisname

Who offer no solutions but do offer negatives.

Btw I gave up on a clean win7 install. I admit I know a little about window. I can explain what I've done then ask for assitance. I will do what I know how to do an clone
A copy of win7.then live w/ virus guys error messages.
Obviously...Your not the type of tech person that should be attempting to run Windows 7 to start with. You have not shown that you posses the savvy to run an operating system that is out of date. You do not know how to burn an .iso file. While we would be more that happy to help you with this in Windows 10/11 it is futile for someone like yourself to do this with an operating system that is no longer supported. It's not that we do not want to help you, but you should show the need to want to help yourself also, and in your efforts to use an operating system that is no longer supported with your skills.... is basically futile

Back
Top Bottom