new cpu inserted?

convergecult

In Runtime
for some reason all of a sudden every time i restart my desktop it says a new cpu had been inserted press f1 to set up or f2 to load original settings and continue, nut i have not touched the cpu since i built the computer 6 months ago

I assume you are on the computer in your sig.

Have you tried doing what it says to do and putting the settings to default then saving and exiting. If you are already on default, then just save and exit.

If that doesn't work, check your motherboard manual for where the CMOS reset jumper is located. Switch off your system at the wall, removing all power from it, and leave it for 30 seconds. Switch it to the middle pin + pin it isn't on normally, plug the system back in, turn it on, turn it off again then unplug again. Wait another 30 seconds, swap the jumper back over then see if it comes up with the message still. It may come up with the message the first time you turn it back on normally, however this is normal. If it does it after that, the fix hasn't worked.

If you don't have a copy of your motherboard manual, you can get it here:

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pr...x?DetailID=565&CategoryID=1&MenuID=16&LanID=8

If it didn't, check that your BIOS version is up to date. If not, download CPUz from here:

ftp://ftp.cpuid.com/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.56-setup-en.exe

and click the mainboard tab. It will say there.

If the BIOS version is not 060526, download the latest BIOS from here:

ECS Web Site

I would STRONGLY recommend AGAINST using any BIOS flashing utility that you must use in Windows, it is just adding extra risk. I'm almost certain that you can flash the BIOS on ECS boards without having to use their utility

no i guess i should upgrade my sig but i will try that fix none the less

Well in that case, still do 1, and you can still do 2.

If you look at your board as it is in your case, with the memory slots top right, CPU socket top left, PCI lanes at the bottom left, the CMOS reset jumper is at the bottom right, near the SATA ports.

If that fails to work, post back and I'll find you a link to the latest BIOS. I know for a fact that Asus boards have an awesome BIOS flash utility in the BIOS itself called EZ Flash, it is a couple of minutes once you have the BIOS file on a CD or memory stick, or even your hard drive

Back
Top Bottom