New Conroe Build

Tom1126

Solid State Member
i'm going to be building a new computer fairly soon and was thinking about going with a conroe processor. To start off i dont really know anything about intel builds and parts that are compatible with them so i come here for some advice. My budget is about $2000. I would mainly use this pc for gaming and multi-tasking.

processor: i was thinking about getting the E6700

Mobo: i have no clue what is compatible w/ that and what isnt

Ram: again, no clue about compatiblity issues and which one would be the best, but i do want to get 2gigs of ram

GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130281

PSU: not sure which ones are good and which ones aren't.

OS: i want windows media center but i dont know if thats compatible with everything

Case: maybe the p180, not sure yet

HDD: any suggestions on this would be great too.

well that about covers everything i have in mind. i already have a monitor and keyboard and mouse so suggestions on those arent necessary. thanks for helping me out too.

Looks great ,but if your waiting for conroe why not get a dx10 gpu and windows vista. I say that , but I don't know the realease dates of all this stuff conroe may come out way before all of that other stuff if so then it looks like a good build.

right. conroe is already out, and waiting for dx10 cards is silly if you're building a computer right now. the 7900gt is a good card, but right now a 7600gt would suffice in most games on high/max settings. but if you've got the cash, by all means, 7900gt is very worth it. HDD i would get a seagate hdd with 7200.1 rpms, the perpendicular recording is very good, and i'd prefer it over a 10,000 rpm raptor or anything like that from WD. umm, windows media center is compatible and the p180 case is very very nice. i'm not 100% sure about motherboard since right now the rd600 chipset is not out yet, you might want to wait a bit longer until those are released or if you're in dire need of a computer right away you could just get the 975x chipset. as for power supply a 500+watt fsp/ocz/enermax psu should compliment your system very well.

the 7900gt is a very formidable card and you can get an XFX 7900GT for only $225 after rebates. it will play any game out now and outperforms 2x 7600GTs SLI.

Back
Top Bottom