New Connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePB3

In Runtime
i reinstalled windows and i need the internet to get the programs i use, spyware protection, antivirus, itunes and when i try to connect its not working. i use comcast and ive tried goin through my router and goin directly through the modem. idk whats up, it doesn't even recognize that there is a connection

sorry about the double post:mad:

It sounds like you are not getting an IP address from the router..

Double check to make sure that you have installed the drivers for your NIC. When the drivers are installed, and the computer is connected to the router, try to ping the router....

START > RUN > type 'CMD' > type 'IPCONFIG'

The DEFAULT GATEWAY is the router's address.... Next type 'ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' where the x's are the Default gateway... usually 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.0.1

I think comcast keeps a log of which computer can connect. Try putting another computer directly to the modem then unplug and plug the modem power cable and see if it'll let you connect. If you get it to connect open up command prompt and type ipconfig /all and take note of the physical address (MAC address) of that computer. Go into your router and use the MAC cloning feature and put that MAC address into the router. That helps most people with comcast.

i didnt install nething for it because i dont think i have a cd rom from comcast is that a problem

also the wire goes into the computers network thing, if i install a pci one and put it in there would that help

You don't need to install anything from comcast from what I've heard.

You don't know how to install a driver? Install the hardware, boot the machine up, windows will detect it and ask for the driver. Provide windows with the driver either from the CD or floppy or download it from the manufacture website on another computer and install it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom