New computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
I'm loooking to buy a new desktop computer. What is better to buy a P4 or whatever the best AMD there is? What would the best AMD be? I'm mainly a surfer and will not be using it for gaming. I want the fastest processor and about 512 of RAM. How should I be expecting to pay. I want to pay as less as possible.

TIA for responses.

since u are not a gamer, I would suggest the INTEL cpu...

and if casual usage like surfing, email and word processing, celeron should be enough for you, 512M ram, motherboard with onboard video and audio, harddrive that fall in ur budget.

for causal user to determine their spec, I think the most important thing is BUDGET

hope it give u some idea to start, I am sure ppl on this forum can give u more ideas :)

I recomend a sempron or a celeron if you are not a gamer. If you like to do video editing/decoding etc than you would be better at getting a intel.

If you just use it for basic programs (internet, word etc.) 256 would be enough. A pc with for this would be about $400 excluding monitor.

How much are you willing to pay? Are you planning on buying a PC or building a PC? I suggest you build one, it's cheaper, and you can make it exactly how you want it. And no, you don't want the fastest CPU there is, because both intel and AMD's fastest CPU is $900+. The fastest budget high-end CPU would have to be the 3700+ San Diego, it sells for about $340.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom