new computer

Rennard

Banned
i'm currently saving for a custom built computer, i should have the money by about november, but i will want the new os. apparently this is coming out end of this year or start of next, i do not know wether to hang on and get it installed with it, because will there be compatability issues? ty

You can build a compatible rig for Windows 7, but when you build it, just install XP or whatever you already have just for the time being until 7 comes out and get that and upgrade it. No need to wait until 7 comes out before you build your rig. Drivers shouldn't be an issue because manufacturers will most likely have drivers for W7 soon after it comes out.

i just wana make sure everything will work if i do that, like with any software? cos won't microsoft bring out new office with the os?

Well, right now I'm running Windows 7 beta on my laptop, dual boot, and everything I have runs just fine on it, also my drivers all work as well so you shouldn't have much to worry about there.

They'll probably come out with a new office, but you'd have to buy that separately anyway.

Yeah you could even try to get a beta version of 7 now and just upgrade when the public release comes out. Most of the bugs are worked out with the newest builds that have come out recently. The only thing is when windows 7 is released to the public it is probably going to cost a pretty penny as usual with new released microsoft OS's.

And if they do come out with a new version of Office it will be separate from the OS but im not sure if they are releasing another Office suite around the same time as Windows 7. but if they follow suit with the time frame of the other office releases they arent too far off from a new suite either...:D:D

I also have a beta version of 7 on my laptop and all my drivers and software work fine. the only program I have a problem with Ironically enough is the one I use the most which is Full Tilt Poker. It randomly crashes but it still works most of the time. But I am running build 7000 still which was released a long time ago and there is a few newer builds after that so they may have fixed it by now.

Yeah you could even try to get a beta version of 7 now and just upgrade when the public release comes out. Most of the bugs are worked out with the newest builds that have come out recently. The only thing is when windows 7 is released to the public it is probably going to cost a pretty penny as usual with new released microsoft OS's.

And if they do come out with a new version of Office it will be separate from the OS but im not sure if they are releasing another Office suite around the same time as Windows 7. but if they follow suit with the time frame of the other office releases they arent too far off from a new suite either...:D:D

I also have a beta version of 7 on my laptop and all my drivers and software work fine. the only program I have a problem with Ironically enough is the one I use the most which is Full Tilt Poker. It randomly crashes but it still works most of the time. But I am running build 7000 still which was released a long time ago and there is a few newer builds after that so they may have fixed it by now.
Yeah, I'm using 7057 ultimate 64bit and everything works just fine. It's a tad bit buggy but what do you expect from a beta version....lol

Back
Top Bottom