new computer

fstrfvo

Beta member
My computer that I built several years ago died, but my hardrive was new. So I took it out along with the ram and built a new machine. The old computer had a gigabyte mobo, 8x agp, intel cpu. The new one is a pci express with a Asus A8n-sli mobo with a amd athlon 64 3200 (yea I know dont laugh). Its also running xp sp2 with 4 sticks of corsair 256 ram. The problem I have is that it will only boot into safe mode. Im assuming that it has something to do with the drivers but when I put in the disk that came with the mobo it does not do anything. The last time I built a computer I just put in the disks and it ran fine, but this time its not working. What am I doing wrong?? Remember guys im a newbeee I can put them together but getting the blasted things to work, well it gives me a friggin headache. hope you guys can help.

Have you just transfered your new HDD, straight to your new computer? If so you wont be to boot up into your OS because XP has detected to many hardware changes so it knows you have installed it in a new pc. You can get in touch with MS and ask for a new code, or you could just do a clean install

Raffy is right once again. You can not just tranfer one hard drive to another if the PC your putting it in has alot of different parts in it. In your case the hard drive you putting in your new machine doesnt know what the other parts are e.g. its like going into a room with people you have never met before, you not sure what to do.

The best thing you could do would to be re install your OS on your hard drive while its in your new PC. **backup your data before doing so**

Back
Top Bottom