new computer

nunley_e

Beta member
just got a new (yet used) computer and I'm having a little trouble. Its sort of a catch 22. I cant install any of the drivers without connecting to the internet however I cant connect to the internet withoun installing some of the drivers. What should I do.

"ive got 3 comps. one is the old one, one is the new one, and one is for parts. the parts one and new ones dont work. on the "new one" due to it not booting i had to install a new OS and am having trouble installing the new drivers. as far as to dl the new drivers and install in the new cp, that goes along with my question on how to open the box. i have a hard drive, video card, and a sound card that i want to use in the new comp. but i dont know how to open the case. there is a place to put a padlock or whatever but even though there is nothing "keeping it closed" it still wont open for some reason."

The new computer is a Dell Optiplex GX110. Another of the problems is getting the case open so that I can do some upgrades. Anyone have any suggestions.

Find out what modem is in the machine, use another computer to download drivers for it (or find a driver disk). Once the modem is up and running you can download the rest.

That or just buy a new modem and install that, theyre cheap.

Back
Top Bottom