New computer software?

ddman

Baseband Member
I just ordered Gateway AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core 2GHz Media Center Computer (GT5056)

WHat software do i need right away?

I am thinking about spywares... and utilities, I am using windows 98 right now. Is Xp defragmenter good, or will i need to buya defragmenter as well?

If you had a computer, and had to choose 10 pieces of software, what would they be?

I heard Kaspersky is good, but will i need system works and ad aware as well?

Just get some spyware and AV right away. Other than that I can't really think of anything. I've got my own list of stuff I get loaded right away when I reformat..

So, i should have a spyware program and a Anti Virus program?

Any suggestions,what do you guys use?

get avg antivirus, spybot s & d, adaware, hijack this for more serious problems, sygate personal firewall. all free and quite decent. i prefer m$ office to works though

okay, AVG and adaware i dled.
Cool they are FREE!

Why do you need a firewall, i thought only universities got hacked? if you have a anti virus and a anti spy ware, why do you need a firewall?

After doing a clean reboot, what are the top 5 programs people load onto their comps first?

don't triple post, there is an edit button for a reason.

Yes u still need a firewall, I'd suggest zone alarm. (it's free)
U already have the rest u need for security, then get some stuff like winrar, msn messenger, irc, g-mail notifier, adobe reader, utorrent, photoshop, what ever u need. The only ones everyone should have are the security ones, the other programs are very usefull to some people but then to some other guy it's completely useless.

Back
Top Bottom