new computer possibly

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
well im thinking about getting a new computer. I want this thing to be good for atleast 5 years to run all these games coming out haha. whats some stuff you guy's would recommend? im thinking x4 amd black edition, 8gb ram, vista x64, ati 4870, crossfire motherboard for later upgrades, x-fi, 100gb hd, 500gb hd, 1000watt psu, mid-tower case, watercooling, 3 cd-drives(so i can leave game disks in) and a killer nic netword card!!! what would you guys say this is gonna cost me? im thinking 2k....

Take water cooling out of there and you will save tons. Just put a couple fans in and you will be fine. You're not doing any OCing are you? Unless you're going to push it to the limit, I don't see a point in water cooling.

i wouldnt put vistax64 on it unless your sure you can get the hardware drivers for it stick to vistax32.
ive heard rumours that vistax64 has limited driver support etc.

i wouldnt put vistax64 on it unless your sure you can get the hardware drivers for it stick to vistax32.
ive heard rumours that vistax64 has limited driver support etc.

vista 64 bit has ALOT better compatibility than any other 64 bit OS, i think you will be fine getting drivers and n e ways hes getting 8GB so def 64 bit,

and people will tell you 8 GB is overkill, personally i think there right lol, 4Gb is a nice figure but for me if i was building a rig and did have a big budget i would get 6Gb

and there are still lots of members here that will tell you there is no need for 6Gb but it would make me feel very satisfied, so go for 6Gb and forget watercooling as said before, get a decent HS&fan and youll be fine

Easy..

One of these - AMD Phenomâ„¢ 9850 Black Edition CPU.
Overclock on this - Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe Motherboard.
Oh, and two or three of these - 2GB (2x1GB) Corsair TwinX DDR2 XMS2 Dominator RAM.
Together with this - Asus Xonar D2 Ultra Fidelity 7.1 PCI Sound Card.
One of these - 1000W Enermax EG1000EWLDXX V2 Galaxy Modular PSU.
And this when available - ATI Radeon 4870 HD Graphics Card.

All you need with this is the CD drives, NIC card, Hard Drives and a sweet case to put it all in.

:)

Take water cooling out of there and you will save tons. Just put a couple fans in and you will be fine. You're not doing any OCing are you? Unless you're going to push it to the limit, I don't see a point in water cooling.

yeah im gonna push it past the limit! hahaha naw but seriously i want to have it like cool cuz this computer makes my room hot + i wanna have it at around 3.0ghz haha

n to ssc456 yeah it might be a overkill now, but later will it? i mean i remember a couple years ago when 2gb was a overkill and now its the most common haha

yeah im gonna push it past the limit! hahaha naw but seriously i want to have it like cool cuz this computer makes my room hot + i wanna have it at around 3.0ghz haha

n to ssc456 yeah it might be a overkill now, but later will it? i mean i remember a couple years ago when 2gb was a overkill and now its the most common haha

well the reason im gonna go out on a limb and say its still gonns be an overkill on a few years is because "windows 7" the new windows after vista is going to mainstream in 32 bit again so thereefore they are probably building it so 3GB will be perfect for it, if anything, im not sure if u could find a motherboard that will support DDR2 and DDR3 because i think coz of windows 7 being 32 bit they will have to dramatically inprove the speed of RAM.

it depends on where you get your parts from. check out TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com for the best prices. more than likely everything will cost over 2k and under 3k

Back
Top Bottom