New computer, not turning on

I've got my XP installed and everything
Now, I went through and looked, and the BIOS didn't have anything called a game controller to enable or disable, and I messed with some of the settings, but it still won't appear.
Also, I just tried my old 6200, and it recognized it, but still wouldn't allow me to install anything for it

I go to DxDiag and go to the display page and for the spots that there should info on the video card it just says N/a. But I know the video works because the fan goes, it works on my old computer, and i've got the screen hooked up to it.

what driver are you trying to install? 169.21???

You do have the 7600GT in the blue slot yes?

You shouldn't need to disable the onboard display adapter, it should automatically disable when you insert the 7600GT

what driver are you trying to install? 169.21???

You do have the 7600GT in the blue slot yes?

You shouldn't need to disable the onboard display adapter, it should automatically disable when you insert the 7600GT

Yes, the 7600 is in the blue slot.
Idk what drivers, They're on a CD. Everytime I put the CD in though, a message pops up and says "Error: Not compatible with mainboard:p35-(mobo number)"

Idk why it doesn't read my 7600GT at all.

oh u mean u cant get the drivers to install
go on nvidias website and download the latest one
the ones on the cd are out dated

oh u mean u cant get the drivers to install
go on nvidias website and download the latest one
the ones on the cd are out dated

No, the computer just won't read that the video card is in the slot. Where it's supposed to show info on what video card im using, it just says N/A

Also, may I add that I am unable to connect to the internet on my new computer because it dpesn''t read that the ethernet cable is attached(windows firewall is off)

Yes, the 7600 is in the blue slot.
Idk what drivers, They're on a CD. Everytime I put the CD in though, a message pops up and says "Error: Not compatible with mainboard:p35-(mobo number)"

Idk why it doesn't read my 7600GT at all.
Mate, which disk are you talking about here??

That error isn't mentioning the 7600GT, it's saying the disk isn't compatible with the m/board.

Ensure you have the correct disk with the m/board drivers, ensure all the m/board drivers are installed

Also, may I add that I am unable to connect to the internet on my new computer because it dpesn''t read that the ethernet cable is attached(windows firewall is off)
This suggests to me you don't have the ethernet controller drivers installed.

Have you installed all the m/board drivers?? did you get more than one disk with the m/board? are you sure you're using the right disk??

Ok, my video card is working now. I ended up downloading drivers onto this computer, transfering them onto a disk and dropping them onto the new computer and the video card works now

My next problem is the ethernet. Once again, I think that it may be drivers. I just don't know what drivers to download for my ethernet port, anyone know, or have a way I can find out?

the drivers should be on the m/board drivers disk, or go to the Abit site, look up your board, then ethernet drivers and d/load them

Ok, I'll try it out, and come back if I need anything else, thanks for alln the help guys. And thanks for puttin up with me haha

Back
Top Bottom